September 9th Notes- Went for long run yesterday mid-afternoon. Came home with headache. Plopped down on couch at 4:00 to nap off. Woke up at 7:30 feelin' brand new and absolutely starvin'. Went to fridge to find some dinner. Made mental note that darkness comin' earlier. Found some cold cuts and went to work on sandwich. Sliced some tomatoes to finish job. Alarm clock on phone went off. Wave of deja vu swept through. Alarm is set for 7:33am. Not gettin' dark earlier, just another overly gray morning. Eat sandwich for breakfast. Tell story all day.
- The Fall Open Recruiting Period started today and college coaches from across America began the process of checking in on recruits at high schools all over the country. Throughout the Fall Period, which lasts from today until October 5th, the Spaceship will keep you updated on the comings and goings of college coaches visiting New England programs and players.
- According ESPN's Dave Telep, today, Providence Coach "Ed Cooley will be driving to check on recent local commit SG Ricardo Ledo and PG Kris Dunn in Connecticut, and visiting the Tilton School to check on sophomore Wayne Selden and others."
- Brewster Academy power forward Mitch McGary is currently on his official visit to Duke.
- Current TV is quickly becoming a Spaceship Favorite. Earlier today, we watched a documentary about the "tiger body-parts" trade in China. Crazy, crazy stuff. Talk about differing cultural traditions.
- Northfield Mt Hermon power forward Ethan O'Day will take his official visit to the University of Vermont this weekend.
- Tonight is opening night of high school football in New England.
- Beantown Hoops Fall Shootout to go down tomorrow at Medford HS...Preview coming later tonight.