|Buzz Naismith Drops Knowledge|
- Powerade Hardtop Challenge going down this weekend down at the Reggie Lewis Center. Action starts tonight. We'll let you know what's happening. View Schedule.
- According to Adam Finkelstein of the New England Recruiting Report, Andrew Chrabascz ('13) of Portsmouth, RI, Cushing Academy & BABC picked up offers this Summer from UMass, Vermont, Florida Atlantic, Delaware & Jacksonville. Also per Finkelstein, Chrabascz is currenly on a road-trip in which he is visiting the campuses of Delaware, Lehigh, Penn, & Temple. He will visit UMass next week.
- This week, we quickly featured both UMass & UVM as schools really showing love to NE players. With the Chrabascz news above, this trend is continuing.
- Huge shocker here...Five-Star Basketball has named Nerlens Noel the 2011 Summer Defensive Player of the Year. Click here for full Five-Star Article. This had to be the biggest automatic since I lost my wallet in Vegas. If Noel hadn't won, there no doubt would have been riots & protests all over Everett and Tilton this weekend. On another Nerlens-Note, after having played in the Nike Global Games last weekend in Oregon,the big fella will soon be headed to Venice Beach for the Boost 24 All-American Game. Still chompin' at the bit for a list.
- This week, ESPN released it's Updated Rankings: Top 100 Rising Seniors, Top 60 Rising Juniors, & Top 25 Rising Sophomore. Out of the 185 players in the Rankings, 16 are New England players. That's 9%, compared with the population of New England comprising 4.5% of America's Population. 200%...Got to be among the best, if not the best, ratios in America. On top of that, there are a handful of New England guys who are right on the cusp. Intoxicating trend for NE.