|Stoughton earned a big win over KP last night|
Sittin' up on the roof1. Stoughton (10-1) - Sto-Town has hopped right back on the carousel after dropping a heart-breaker to Mansfield a few weeks back. Last night against King Philip, the Tigers came away with a huge win behind 29 points, 8 rebounds, and 8 dimes from junior shot-caller Aaron Calixte.
2. Brighton (10-1) - This Tigers club is as tough as nails...having taken on the characteristics of head coach Hugh Coleman. Big win over New Mission about a dozen moons ago leaves the Oak Square Crew sitting on top of the City League South.
3. New Mission (7-3) - They've played a tough non-league schedule which will be a big benefit come tourney time. The Titans are also due to get freshman point guard Greg Bridges back soon from a high-ankle sprain, which will provide Cory McCarthy's ball-club another boost as they go after a 3rd straight State Championship.
4. King Philip (9-2) - Lost to Stoughton last night in a showdown in which Jake Layman scored 30.
5. North Andover (9-1) - Pulled off a big upset win last week over East Boston. They will no question be a contender come tourney time.
6. Reading (10-2) - The Rockets lost their opener by one point to Melrose before reeling off ten straight wins going into yesterday, when they dropped another one point contest to Stoneham. If we follow the pattern, Reading should reel off another ten straight as February approaches.
7. Melrose (7-2?) - The Raiders won two in a row last week over Watertown and Winchester after losing by five in OT to Stoneham two Fridays ago.
8. Wakefield (8-4) - The Wake got knocked off by Lexington on Friday night in Middlesex League battle.
9. Beverly (8-3) - The Tigers are sitting comfortably atop the North Division of the Northeastern League.
10. Stoneham (7-4) - The Stone has come up with two signature wins the last few weeks: beating Melrose about ten days ago and then stunning Reading last night.
11. Falmouth (9-1) - The Cape Cod Crew has played 90% ball thus far on the trail with their only loss coming in the opening week of the season to Barnstable.
12. Salem (6-3?) - The Sachems have been up and down this year...losses to Lynn English, Peabody, and Danvers mixed in with impressive wins over Beverly and Winthrop.