|TJ Warren: Went for 34 in Brewster win over South Kent|
New England AAA+ Top 10
1. Brewster Academy (19-0) - After a big win on the road on Saturday over South Kent, the undefeated Bobcats will go after their 20th win of the season tomorrow when they'll square off against Putnam Science.
2. Notre Dame Prep ( 15-6) -Won 88-79 on the road over Winchendon last Friday and it's been radio-silence since from Ryan Hurd's squad. We do know this...the Crusaders are scheduled to play three games this weekend at the National Prep School Invitational. They'll face WMA on Thursday, Canarias out of Spain on Friday, & La Jolla Prep on Saturday.
3. New Hampton (17-4) - After a huge win over NMH on Friday, the Huskies got back to work yesterday with a 75-41 win over Holderness. Pete Hutchins and the gang head to Maine tomorrow to play Bridgton and then they'll reverse their course and head to RI where they'll play in the National Prep School Invitational on Friday and Saturday.
4. Northfield Mount Hermon (18-2) -After falling to New Hampton at home on Friday, the Hoggers rebounded on Sunday with a 105-58 cruise-job over the Brown University JV squad. Due up...at Cushing on Wednesday and then Bridgton & Lawrence Academy on Saturday & Sunday at the National Prep School Invitational in the Ocean State.
5. South Kent (12-6) - SK played two at home this past weekend. They were impressive on Saturday night in playing Brewster neck and neck for almost 30 minutes before the Brew Crew pulled away in the final ten minutes to end up winning by a 24-point margin. Then, on Sunday, Kelvin Jefferson's squad rebounded with a 97-73 win over Winchendon. Back at it today as they'll play on the road at STM.
5. St Thomas More (20-3) - Won 67-55 over Worcester Academy last Wednesday before travelling to Maine this weekend, where they won two games to take home the championship at the Wolverine Winter Classic, beating MCI 85-77 in the semis on Friday before taking down Bridgton 58-53 in the final on Saturday. Jere Quinn's squad has now won six in a row since falling to Notre Dame Prep in New York City over the Martin Luther King Day Weekend. The Chancellors dive right back into the tank today as they'll face South Kent this afternoon.
7. Bridgton Academy (15-8) - Beat Leadership Prep last Friday in the semis of the Wolverine Winter Classic up in Maine. Then on Saturday, the hosts fell to St Thomas More 58-53 in the championship game. Whit Lesure's club is set to host New Hampton tomorrow.
8. Lee Academy (17-7) - Awaiting the result of Lee's game this past Saturday against Central Maine CC. The Pandas are set to play two games this weekend at the National Prep School Invitational in Rhody: Robinson School on Thursday and CJEOTO Prep (NJ) on Friday.
9. Maine Central Institute (8-10) - Lost to STM in the Wolverine Winter Classic Semis on Friday before rolling over Leadership Prep by a score of 97-69 in the 3rd place game on Saturday. They'll travel southwest tomorrow to go up against Winchendon on the hardwood floor.
10. Winchendon (6-14) - After falling to Notre Dame Prep at home on Friday night, Winchendon lost on the road to South Kent on Sunday by a score of 97-73. They'll host MCI tomorrow.