|Big weekend on the road for Day McNeil & Vermont Academy|
NEPSAC AA+ Top 10 - 1/29/12
1) Tilton (19-3) - Georges Niang scored 31, Wayne Selden had 19, and Nerlens Noel scored 13 and grabbed 13 boards as the Rams won at home on Friday over Holderness by a score of 77-56. Marcus O'Neil's club will look for their 20th win of the season on Wednesday when thy host Phillips Andover.
2) St Marks (15-2) - Lions are off this week and will get back on the grind on Wednesday when they'll face Belmont Hill.
3) Wilbraham and Monson (16-4) - Got two wins this weekend over Brimmer and May on Friday and then Loomis Chaffee yesterday. Big one coming for the Titans this Thursday as they'll face Notre Dame Prep at URI.
4) Kimball Union (13-3) - KUA is off until next Saturday when they'll host Brimmer and May.
5) St Andrews (15-4) - Scored a 30-point win over Lawrence Academy Friday night for their 16th win.
5) Vermont Academy (12-7) - Big weekend on the road for the Wildcats as they took down Cushing Academy on Friday night and then winning over Marianapolis on Saturday. Next up for Jesse Bopp's club will be Winchendon on Friday at URI.
5) Cushing Academy (12-4) - Lost 67-61 at home to Vermont Academy on Friday and then rebounded with a solid 80-67 win on the road over Salisbury on Saturday.
5) Putnam Science (13-6) -Won 102-95 yesterday over West Point Prep behind 24 points from Shaun Lawton and 15 from Dayshon Smith.
10) Hotchkiss (5-8) - After winning only one of their first nine ball-games, the Kiss has won four in a row to bring their record to 5-8 with ten games remaining on the docket. Not too late for Fred Benjamin's talented squad to get it goin' on and make a run.
10) Worcester Academy (7-8) - The Hilltoppers won 74-59 over Phillips Andover on Friday behind 14 points from senior point guard Ausar Madison and a dozen apiece from Andrew Scocca and Canaan Severrin. Then, on Saturday, WA dropped a tight one on the road to Hotchkiss, losing 60-58. Leading the way were Andrew Scocca, who had 21 points + 6 boards, and Rene Castro, who registered 18 points + 5 steals. The Hilltoppers will next be in action on Monday when they'll travel to Rhode Island to take on another tough opponent in St Andrews.
10) Marianapolis (7-10) - Lost at home yesterday to Vermont Academy. MP will play US Military Academy Prep today before playing Brimmer and May on Tuesday and Worcester Academy on Wednesday.