Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Books closed on LShapiro Productions

Lucas Shapiro: Started a Revolution
Chapter 1: LShapiro Productions in the books
- Last night, the Spaceship quickly profiled rising hoops media star Derek Malloy.  Well, this afternoon, we need to take a moment to discuss the revolutionary who created the blue-print for talented young cats like Derek.  We're talkin' bout Lucas Shapiro, an MC who, over the last few years with LShapiro Productions, has taken New England by storm with a cinematic assault which has brought exposure not only to dozens upon dozens of New England  ballplayers, but the world of New England basketball itself.  But today we are here to spread the news that the opening chapter has come to an end, as last night, it was announced that LShapiro Productions is shutting down so that the next chapter in Shapiro's Epic can begin..  The statement released on Shapiro's Website can be found below...Good luck to Lucas in all his future endeavors...in terms of can't-miss-prospects, he is one of New England's best in the Class of 2012.
Lucas Shapiro - "Recently, I had to make a tough decision. As I looked at my winter schedule, I realized that I would not be able to balance everything going on in my life out. Between writing for Dime Magazine and ESPN Boston, playing for Milton High School’s basketball team, and spending time with friends and family, I have too much going on. As a senior in high school, this will be the last year that I get to live with my family and I want to spend as much time as possible with them.  My mission when starting LShapiro Productions was to become a master of editing video and giving New England basketball players exposure. I accomplished both of those goals. Fortunately, while I will not be making videos anymore, Adam Rubin, Derek Malloy, Sherwyn Cooper, and Ralph Tiblanc will be giving New England basketball players exposure with their respective YouTube channels.  I will leave the channel up if you ever want to look back and watch some of the videos. I may even put up another video or two during the winter. But the point is that if you are looking to watch basketball highlights, you might want to look elsewhere.  I also want to take this opportunity to wish everyone the best luck with their basketball season whether they are playing, coaching, filming, scouting, covering, or watching basketball. Whatever you are doing, remember: “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”"

No comments:

Post a Comment