|Ricky Ledo dropped a scintillating 37|
Eruption of Mount Ledo
- The first day of the NERR National Prep Showcase is in the books and the New England schools went 5-2 on the day. Lee Academy beat Fork Union (VA) 70-63. Hargrave (VA) downed Notre Dame Prep 115-91. Bridgton came back from down 15 to clip St Johns (WI) 74-71. St Thomas More blew out Fishburne 83-56. South Kent bested La Jolla Prep 94-74. Winchendon fell to New Hope (MD) 84-62..NMH outlasted Massanutten Prep 97-93. More analysis on today's action in the next few days..Here's a brief breakdown of some of what went down.
- In South Kent's impressive 94-74 win over La Jolla Prep, Ricky Ledo erupted for 37 points, knocking down 7 out of 12 from long-range and shooting 13-22 overall from the floor, including three roof-raising hammer jobs. Ledo also had five assists (could of had 8 or 9 except for several missed bunnies) to three turnovers.
- Myles Davis followed up his 34 point performance against Brewster by dropping 26 in a 115-91 defeat to Hargrave Military Acadmy, shooting 10-16 from the field and 6-12 from trey land.
- St Johns-bound Amir Garrett had 17 points and 9 rebounds in Bridgton's 74-71 comeback win over St Johns (WI).
- St Thomas More used a well-balanced, tenacious attack to blow out Fishburne Academy (VA) by a score of 83-56. Fishburne, by the way, has ten players committed to D1 schools. STM has an impressive group of guards with AJ English, Curtis Jones, Ky Howard, & Barrington Stephens. Leading the way tonight were Stephens, who went 5-6 from the floor to finish with 12, & Ky Howard, who dropped a hard-hat line of 6 points, 6 assists, 10 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks, and only 1 turnover.
- Northfield Mt Hermon had the late game and earned a 97-93 win over Massanutten (VA) in their season opener. Ethan O'Day had a monster-mash game. More on this ballgame tomorrow.