|31 points on 13-16 FG|
BABC Cruises into Semis
- Right now, Leo Papile looks like a genius for the way he played his cards in that game this morning against Howard Pulley, because BABC looked like a 20-year old Mike Tyson tonight. As it turned out, the battle of #1 vs #2 wasn't much of a battle at all as BABC jumped all over Team Takeover from the tip and never looked back. Other than the first few minutes of the game, the BABC lead was never under 10 and for the last 3 quarters of the game, the lead was never under 20.
BABC in now in the Peach Jam Semifinals where they'll play the Oakland Soldiers, who feature Dominic Artis, Brandon Ashley, and Aaron Gordon and are #3 in the Five Star Top 25. In the other Semifinal match-up, the Georgia Stars will face YOMCA. Two more wins for the #1 Ranked Chip in America.
- Georges Niang: After seeing his teammates Nerlens Noel, Rene Castro, and Jaylen Brantley star in yesterday's all-important pool games against Mac Irvin and CIA, Georges Niang decided that tonight he'd carry the BABC torch. Niang tore TT apart for 31 points on a barbaric 13-16 shooting from the field. He also grabbed 9 boards and made two steals and a block.
- Nerlens Noel punched in on his time-card and registered 8 points, 8 rebounds, 5 blocks and two steals in 24 minutes of play.
- Jaylen Brantley: is showing he can consistently score at the highest level from the PG position. Tonight he had 21 on 6-8 from the floor and 4-5 from behind the arc. He also had 4 dimes and only one turnover.
- Wayne Selden came in and played productively, putting in 8 points in 14 minutes on 3-4 shooting. He also went to the charity stripe four times.